Hang up the phone.
Don’t disturb me anymore.
You may have the best intentions,
But I’m sick of it all.
Even the beautiful things,
Like your smile and laughter,
Causes pain that sends me to my knees.
Slowly I watch you drift away.
Out of sight,
Out of mind.
Even with my head smashing against the bricks,
You somehow have yourself swallowed deep inside me.
And with every breath I consume,
I consume more of you.
Now I understand why lovers bleed.
Why don’t you let me love again?
When will I be free of this sickness?
How do you live knowing I’m not fine?
I swear some days I want to die.
I swear some days I wish I didn’t have to lie.
Please give me a sign to why I feel so empty inside.
Let me rise up and break free of the chains inside my mind.
Let love prosper instead of lingering on.
I want you free from me.
Be the devil inside my head no more.
I want to love again.
Let my dreams take over,
So I can see the world where I belong.
A world I never knew,
A world without you…
Friday, October 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment